[Coco] Re: bit.listserv VS. these moderated lists

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Mar 22 00:34:54 EST 2005

Richard E. Crislip wrote:
> Hello Mannequin*
>
> That was very thoughtful and unfortunatly true. I see some hard feelings
> coming from this discussion already. As for me, I'll go where the
> discussion go. I have a perfectly good newsreader that hasn't been used for
> along time, but it still works 8-). But I would just as soon stay here.

I am using a newsreader right now to follow this forum.  It works just fine.

The only issues with the bit.listserv.coco is that it is not moderated,
so it is having periodic troll infestations and a small amount of spam,
and it could disappear with out notice as the mailing list it is a
designated gateway/mirror of is no longer functioning.

We already lost one mailing list because it did not have an official
sponsor.  Consider that the bit.listserv.coco is also in the same limbo
that the former mailing list was.  The bit.listserv.coco designated
owner is the administrator for the coco mailing list on princeton.edu,
and that person does not currently exist.

So those that want to move back to the bit.listserv.coco could find it
gone with out notice if no other action is taken to reassign the
ownership to someone that wants to take active responsibility for it.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only