[Coco] Re: bit.listserv VS. these moderated lists

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Mar 22 00:25:30 EST 2005

Charlie wrote:
> Manny, I wish coco fans would learn to use FORUMS.
> Nice web interfaces, organized and pretty.
> But what do I know :-)

Having used both, IMHO:

Forums seem to be good when there are a few active topics with much
repetative discussion.

Newsgroups are easiest to use when there are a lot of active discussions.

Mailing lists seem to work when there is a low to medium volume of posts.

The current posting rate for this forum is such that I find a newsgroup
is the best way to keep track of things.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only