[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

Boisy G.Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Mar 21 15:39:49 EST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Robert Sherwood wrote:

> At 01:37 PM 3/21/05, you wrote:
>
> And now I see just what that activity really is.  Of the 10 messages
> listed (from Feb 17 to Mar 18) 7 have all appeared here, 2 are
> specific to the newsgroup (ie:  "Is the newsgroup dead?") and I only
> see *1* which is unique to the newsgroup.
>
> I also see some *&$^ scripting tricks which put a little tag hovering
> over the page as I scroll down.
>
> I was actually at Google trying to find the posts myself (without
> success) when Boisy gave the link.  Thus disappears another of his
> advantages - searchability.

What are you talking about?  Searching the newsgroup on Google is part
of their service offering.  You can do advanced searches on
bit.listserv.coco or any other newsgroup.  I see a big bright text box
at the top right corner of the page with a button that says: "Search
this group"  and a link called "Avanced Group Search" which lets you
search according to date, exact words, phrases, etc.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 781-3997