[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Mar 21 15:27:24 EST 2005

At 11:59 AM 3/21/05 -0800, Kevin Diggs wrote:
>What happens if someone who is NOT a member posts to this list? Do they
>get some kind of feedback that membership is required? Or does the
>message just disappear into an internet black hole?

The list options are accept, hold, reject, and discard.

Accepting is, well, unacceptable.

As for holding, I was reading hundreds of spams per day to find the one or
two per month that I would need to pass through.

Rejecting the mail tells the spam bots the address is alive, and they send
more and more.

So it is set to discard.

There is no good solution to this.

Dennis