[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Mar 21 12:35:53 EST 2005

At 09:28 AM 3/21/05 -0800, you wrote:
>Why did that group get spam flooded but this (as its successor) did not?
>I understood that it was due to a particular malicious individual, so it
>could have happened to this group too.

Unlikely, or at least fixed quickly. The maltedmedia list is multiply
moderated (moderated via me, by the Yahoo moderator to which it's linked,
and by the Gmane opt-in membership system to which it's also linked). All
three have validated membership and disallow anonymizers. Though someone
can play at sabotage (as with the William Barden imposter), it's harder to do.

Also, I'm not sure the Princeton mirror is functioning anymore.

I can look into making bit.listserv.coco a 'member' of this list, and
mirroring it back, but not right now ... this is one of this IIABDFI
opinions. :)

Dennis