[Coco] SDCC and other C topics

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Mar 19 18:03:25 EST 2005

Boisy

Adding two more task registers is not a problem. Rather easy to do. Since the INIT1
register (FF91) has bits 1 through 4 unused, any one or more of these can be used
to define any pair of tasks. Right now the MMU is setup for one pair of tasks and are
switched by the TR bit. All I would have to do is add a 4 to 16 decoder and duplicate
the MMU circuitry 16 times. That would lead to 32 tasks and require 2 Megs of ram!
Each task with its own 64K!!!!

My father and I have started some remodeling of the house the past two months
and are now about halfway through. Once the workshop is completed I will have
more space to do some soldering and testing. Right now I just do not have any
place that I can do soldering and testing. Should be done with the remodeling by the
end of April,  weather permitting. Then I can finish several projects and a start a
bunch more.

james