[Coco] MM/1 and friends (was: "Historic" CD-i development systems...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Fri Mar 18 13:24:55 EST 2005

Rumor has it that KnudsenMJ at aol.com may have mentioned these words:

>As some of you know, the 68070 was also the CPU used in the MM/1
>(Multi-Media One) computer, one of the many "Coco4" candidates.  It came
>as  a
>screw-it-together kit, bundled with Microware's OS/K (68000), including
>the C  compiler,
>which was well beyond K&R but not quite ANSI.  You can read  more about it on
>my Web site

Always wanted one of those, but couldn't ever justify the price...

>One or two entrepreneurs in the Coco world did market an upgrade from the
>underpowered 68070 -- it used a 68306 or something like that.

Motorola Dragonball...

>   You replaced  the
>little CPU card with their card, and hopefully ran faster.  I never
>got  the upgrade.

This is why I'd wondered why nobody ever (and something I wouldn't have
minded doing, except that I'm not smart enough) ported OSK to the Palm
platform... I'd bet it would just *rock* on my Sony Clie NR70.

But this is getting *way* offtopic... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...