[Coco] Speaking of Coco Projects

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Mar 17 14:10:43 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:52 -0600, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Hogerhuis – DriveWire for the PALM

Currently rethinking how to approach this. The image files are really
big and unwieldy. I was using the file stream API built into PalmOS, but
I think I may switch over to creating compressed PalmDoc databases. I
need to implement this compression for DLPilot anyway (the M100 analog
to drivewire)

As for CocoUSB, I can't (won't) do too much without a hardware
prototype. Also I'm committed to writing firmware for ReMem (M10x
RAM/storage upgrade) and we have PCB's coming in today, I believe, so
I'll be tied up with that in probably 3 weeks time (after the board is
stuffed) for a month or two.

> Hogerhuis / Daggett – USB for the CoCo
> Dessart – Cuntiki

(oops you mean Contiki)

> James, I know you haven't worked on Cuntiki for some time, and the C
> compiler is pretty much abandoned, right?
>
> We can add SDCC and os9l1 emulator to the list if anyone steps up to
> the plate.

Geez, Both those projects sound like *a lot* of fun. Only got to write a
'toy' compiler in college. And os911 would be a cool way to learn some
low level OS-9 stuff I never got to in the old days.

Unfortunately, I've got a moratorium on new projects at the moment...
but I'll be continuing to work either indirectly on PWire in the next
few weeks, and I'll definitely throw some cycles at CocoUSB if James
progresses on the hardware.

-- John.