[Coco] C compiler source code

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Wed Mar 16 20:44:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:19:53 -0500
"John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 06:00:55PM -0600, Mannequin* wrote:

> > Might you ask him if he still has the source stashed somewhere? ;)
>
> No such luck...reply from Vaughn below...
>
> -----------------------------
> -----------------------------
>
> FWIW, I think that some versions of the GNU binutils used to have
> a program which job was similar to ansifront.  But, that has either
> been removed or I'm just not seeing it...and it may have been to go
> from K&R to ANSI instead of the other way around...oh, well... :-)
>
> John

Well, crap. Oh well, at least we tried on that front. I do have the ansi.c file
that was suggested by Albert Stinger, maybe I can modify, or use that as a base
for our purposes.

Like I said, if anyone else is interested in such a thing, let me know, and I'll
get it going. It will take me a bit of time before I get anything releasable,
but I'm sure this will be less time than it takes to write or port another ANSI
compliant C compiler to the Coco. This is just the thing to tide us over until
an ANSI C compiler is working in some way for the Coco. :)

Thanks for the help here, I was just about to give up on the Coco ANSI C front.

-M.