[Coco] Re: How can I read the coco list using Outlook Express

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Mar 10 23:57:11 EST 2005

albertstinger24-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA(at)public.gmane.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new member. I have some difficulty reading and
> following the list using the web interface. How can I
> read the coco list using Outlook Express. I can't find
> it in my newsgroups.

Somewhere on that web page it should tell you about the gmane.org
newsgroups.

This is the gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco news group on the
private news.gmane.org server.

Your news reader can accommodate several news servers.  Just add an
additional news server to it the same way you added the first news reader.

gmane.org requires that you post with a real e-mail address, and the
first time you post with that address, a message will be sent to that
e-mail address with confirmation instructions that will then allow you
to post with out further challenges.

Please also set a personal name to go with your e-mail address.

E-mail addresses are munged to a temporary e-mail address for postings
on the gmane newsgroups.  A different temporary address is assigned each
time.

I modified the last munged address for you with a (at) so that you can
see how your posting showed up this time.

If you do not set a personal name, the gmane users can not sort for
postings by your name.

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only