[Coco] Re: CoCo needs?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Mar 8 19:41:10 EST 2005

Torsten

The WD 2793 would be the ideal chip to design a round, but it to is becoming rare.
These too are drying up in the surplus market. It is software compatible with the
1793 and is a single 5 volt part. It does not require the two external support chips
that the 1793 uses. This would be the painless way to go.

Any other chip may require software changes that tends to obsolete many disk
software already written. Not a good situation.

james