[Coco] Re: CoCo needs?

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Tue Mar 8 18:25:36 EST 2005

On 8-Mar-05, at 4:48 PM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> As time allows, I am starting to adapt the sdcc (sdcc.sf.net) compiler
> to the 6809.  There is some work to do, but starting from the existing
> hc08 code, it isn't that much of a leap.  I'm waiting to hear back
> from one of the guys on the project about starting an "m09" support
> branch on the project.  If I can get approval, then I'll check in what
> I have and development can start.
>
> This may or may not be the best tool chain to adapt to, but it's a
> start.  Frankly, I'm skeptical as to who will take up the slack here.
> We'll see.

What needs to be done? If it's just a matter of putting some already
written "hard" stuff together, then I might be up for that. I just
don't have time to write an entire backend.

If it's a question of source control resources, I definitely have the
bandwidth to set up either a Subversion or CVS repository, and work
could go on in there. My upload bandwidth is entirely uncapped (no
limit), but I'm stuck at 70 KB/sec, approximately. Those kinds of
resources are easy to set up, so I'd be happy to do it.

Once we have that, there are a few good uses I'm sure I can put it to.

James