[Coco] Re: CoCo needs?

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Mar 8 14:17:43 EST 2005

Mark:

My comments were not meant to be critical of you or Cloud
9.
We all appreciate your efforts and understand that Cloud 9
needs to make a profit.  I only meant to suggest that SOME
items could be offered at a lower price to help maintain
the CoCo community (your client base)  My logic being that
the more people using their CoCo's the greater potential
sales for Cloud 9.  Maybe I am wrong with that assumption.

Let's face it, we are much smaller than the Apple II,
Commodore, and even Atari communities and we are getting
smallers. I agree with you that we need more people
developing software, but given our size, how do we
encourage that growth.

I wish I had your energy and skills, but I don't, so I try
to help the community in other ways, such as helping
others stay in the community.  I don't consider it
charity, since in some small way it helps the community.

I don't know what to make of your one remark "Nope, I'm
quitting"  I certainly hope you don't quit.  I'm just
trying to offer suggestions that will help us grow like
the other computer groups.

-Jim