[Coco] Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

zaphod at mchsi.com zaphod at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 1 17:47:33 EST 2005

According to my guide to 'the Guide,' that is most likely the original LP
release to mail order. It wasn't available in stores until May of 1980. The
set I have is attributed to Hannibal records (US) and has different artwork. (
http://www.floor42.com/jump.cgi?ID=534 )

The radio series was low-tech. By the time they made the records, they were
able to improve the sound and effects. The biggest differences are the actress
who played Trillian, and some scenes are deleted. (Like Mr. Prosser lying in
the mud...)

It is unfortunate that the records were never released on CD. Restaurant was
the first appearance of Hotblack Desiato.