[Coco] Drivewire 2 questions.

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Wed Mar 23 02:47:01 EST 2005

OK, it's late, I'm tired and I am not sure if I am reading
the manual correctly, but the NitrOS-9 images on the
server disk are full installs of NitrOS-9 correct?

Yes I know that's a dumb question, but give me a break
guys, I live next door to Redmond and the concept of a
effecient OS that's not full of bloat is a foreign concept
out here :)

I played wih OS-9 a few months back and was shocked that
it was so small.

Here are some questions that I am sure I posted before
(and if not, then I'm losing it, whatever it is)

1) Is anyone out there using HDOS with the DW2?  If so,
how compatable is it with DECB?

2) I see system requirements for the CoCo, but none for
the PC host.  Is there a version of Windows that works
best with the DW2?  I was thinking 98 so I could also work
with Portal 9 and MESS.  I remember someone saying
something about DOS being better on 98, but that's all I
remember.

3) Given the size of the MitrOS-9, I assume it is not much
of a load on the PC's resources.  Are there any issues
with the serial port that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

-Jim