[Coco] New guy - need help!

John F. Hall jfh2112 at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 13 23:06:53 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've recently been bitten by the CoCo bug once again, and I'm having a hard
time finding some programming information.

Back in - jeez, 1989? - I wrote a game in BASIC for the CoCo, but it was
never released (just to one person - that doesn't count :), and I've decided
I want to really finish the game and toss it out on the Web. Of course, I
haven't touched a *real* CoCo since about that time, so my memory's a little
(ok - a lot!) rusty.

I'm looking for a couple of things:

* A copy of the Extended Color BASIC manual, or at least the chapter on the
USR() and VARPTR() functions, or even just an explanation of how they work
would be fine. :)

* A copy of Color Computer Assembly Language Programming by William Barden,
or a good Web source for 6809 assembly.

And a question for those of you using MESS: When you start up any of the
CoCo 3s, is the resolution all whacked out, like you're watching a
widescreen film?

Thanks,
JFH