[Coco] Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 1 03:50:26 EST 2005

Rob wrote:

> Yes, there was a 2nd album. It was 'Restaurant at the End of the
> Universe.' The records were actually re-recordings of the original radio
> series; The BBC originally balked at the idea of a 6-album release. (I
> don't make this stuff up...)

Yes, I *knew* there was a 2nd album, something I also confirmed today @work
in section 3.2 of the FAQ...
<http://opossum.rat.at/~anno/DA/dna_faq.txt>

But alas, whilst I can locate the 1st album, I can't find my copy of the
2nd! :O I have a terrible feeling I got careless about 6 months ago when I
purged my vinyl collection... :(

> Are you aware of the third radio drama? No? Here it is -- the end of the
> Universe -- and you haven't lived yet!

Yes, and the pending 4th and 5th as well! I have yet to hear it - was going
to wait until it was available on CD...

I note there's a "collectors edition" of the original radio play with 20th
anniversary extras on 8 CDs, or a 'complete' version which appears to be the
same on a single CD in MP3 format. I'll have to check that out sometime...

Regards,