[Coco] Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sun Jun 12 13:37:17 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wayne Harwood" <michael at musicheadproductions.org>

> Well don't I feel a bit silly...  I tried Ira's setting for color images
> and it eliminated the need for the post production process I described in
> earlier emails!!  Neil - did I hear you correctly that a 300ppi 24bit
> image would be reasonable for OCR?  If so this would eliminate scanning
> each page twice...

ABBYY has a preference for 300 ppi grey, but will try to work with anything.
I scanned in 20+ yr old pocket computer dot matrix printouts on 2" thermal
paper and got tolerable results.

It handles many of the problems that plague this process very well - and
I've been doing OCR for almost 20 years.

Neil