[Coco] Rainbow on Disc - OCR

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Jun 11 17:36:27 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 13:20 -0700, Neil Morrison wrote:
> If you have these in a directory, Adobe Reader will search them for you.
>
> I have uploaded three smaller tests done with ABBYY. They are in

> I did not edit these at all, except that the Color Math sample was told to
> split the page scanned.
>
> See what you think.
>
> Neil

I opened two documents in acroread for Linux and it doesn't seem to
search across documents. What directory things are in doesn't seem to
matter... acroread will only search one document.

So I'd say one way or another, we're going to need separate text files
to be searchable across documents in a multi-platform way.

Integration of OCR text is very nice from the examples you have
demonstrated, but seems a secondary concern to full search.

-- John.