[Coco] Rainbow on Disc

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Wed Jun 8 14:50:20 EDT 2005

I have a scanner with a document feeder, but I have found the quality to
be much less when using it.  You can count me in as one of the scanner
grunts.    I am also happy to donate magazines.

I have a few other questions for Lonnie, and I thought perhaps you guys
might have a few of your own.  I would be happy to include any of your
questions in my next missive to him so that he is not deluded with hordes
of email.  I'm sure my list of questions are not exhaustive...  ;)

1.  If a particular format is decided upon initially (PDF without OCR'd
text) and upgrade the quality of the documents at a later time (PDF with
OCR'd text and a searchable index) will there be any issues with providing
free upgrades (free meaning no extra license fees paid to Lonnie) to
persons who have already purchased the orginal product?

2. If someone wants to purchase two copies do they have to pay the license
fees twice?  I assume the answer to this is yes.

3. I assume that the persons doing the work are not exempt from the
licensing costs.  Just because I am scanning and doing work on the product
does not entitle me to my own free collection.

4.  If a person owns a physical copy of Rainbow does this entitle them to
make a "backup" of the magazine under the auspices of "fair use"?  I
assume not.

5. Does the $.25 per issue also include the "Rainbow on Disk" for that
issue, or is that an additional cost?

Regards,
Michael Harwood