[Coco] Entire OT: Me and mine

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Thu Jun 2 08:53:35 EDT 2005

I can't say I'm surprise by your reaction. In fact, I was pretty much
expecting it.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> You cannot be serious.  What is the source of your programming burn-out?
> It cannot be due to CoCo programming, because from my count, you've
> never finished one project that you've started.  You committed to
> working on the sdcc C compiler back-end, but haven't even finished that,
> or your other high-profile projects, like your ethernet card.
>
> I'm sounding harsh here, but frankly, I don't see how you can be a part
> of several high profile projects and just skip and run out for "the next
> couple of years" without being called on it.  Then, to be frankly
> honest, I don't see much work for the talk that you've been doing.

Call me on it all you want. It's not CoCo projects that did it, it's my
job. My CoCo projects have been affected by that burn out for some time.

The entire story is that I suffer from chronic, clinical depression. The
first 6 months of 2004 I was out of work because of it. I couldn't
concentrate on anything, not even reading comic books. I take my health
very seriously, and I'm being proactive this time, instead of letting
myself get too far down the road of not being able to work.

Just to be clear, I'm going to be cutting out most things that require
concentration. Almost all of my hobbies fit into that category. So as for
"skipping out," it may indeed seem like that. The truth is, I'd rather
not, but if I don't get some mental rest soon, my next episode could be my
last, for all the wrong reasons.

James