[Color Computer] [Coco] Re: CoCo USB

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 31 23:44:30 EDT 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 18:34, James Diffendaffer wrote:
>And speaking of drivers... I just looked at the 6502 source from the
>sourceforge project.
>
>http://microusb.org/
>
>Most of the assembly is *close* due to the similarity of the 6502
>source to 6809.  The code can probably be optimized for speed and
>size, needs to be interupt driven, needs to be relocatable, needs to
>be set up to share some code when multiple drivers... but it's a
> start. The Forth code should be converted to C unless someone has a
> forth compiler.

The Forth language is by definition, its own compiler.  I did have a
(probably pie-rat) copy of it at one time 15 years back up the log.
I played with it for a few days, but without its docs, I got sorta
lost.  I also have a copy of the Brody book 'Starting Forth'
someplace but it didn't seem to apply to the version I had at all
well.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)