[coco] coco1 on ebay

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 25 07:48:30 EDT 2005

Basically correct Paul,

There is a patch for OS-9 Level One to allow it to boot.  I contacted
Boisy a year or two ago about addressing the issue in NIROS09 for the
CoCo 1.  Due to lack of a "consumer base", this remains unavailable.
(That is I seemed to be the only one running such an animal.
Unfortunately the machine is in storage now and for the immediate future.)

Once in OS-9 a ram disk was about the only usable program for the extra
memory.  The CoCo 3 with it's greater memory and "speed" left the whole
concept as being of little use.

I have the original driver disk in my collection.  Should anyone need a
copy to get such a item functioning, I'll be glad to provide a copy.

Bruce W.