[Color Computer] [coco] coco1 on ebay

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 01:33:22 EDT 2005

The problem with these upgrades is that not much was written to take
advantage of them before the CoCo3 came out so they kinda became
obsolete.  The CoCo3 banks memory very different from this so you
can't even use it from OS-9.
The Rainbow issue I mentioned will be with the Rainbow archive disk
when it comes out.

The Y cable is just a connector to plug into the coco cartrige slot, a
40 line ribbon cable and two or more 40 pin slot connectors to plug in
hardware.  Only 1 device can have ROMs or they will interfere with
each other.
You also have to be carefull not to overload the CoCo power supply.
That's why the multipack was introduced in the first place.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Basil Fitze <basilf at s...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still looking for the article for the Y cable I know it was in
> Rainbow but  can't remember the month  or the year. If anyone has it
and
> or the 512K upgrade  would  greatly appreciate a copy of each.
>
> --
> Basil V. Fitze
> Computer Consultant
> basilf at s...