[Coco] [Color Computer] The ongoing Hot Coco saga

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 13:14:04 EDT 2005

As I see it, they do not know what they own copyrights to... If they don't know
that they own a copyright to something, how could they possibly hope to stop
anyone from creating a public archive of it. I don't think any court could side
with an "unknown" agreement. Their lawyer *might* (and I doubt it) send a c&d
order, but I doubt it could be enforced legally without written proof that they
own it, which if they had that you wouldn't be having this ongoing discussion.

They can't give permission because they don't know their own rights. Therefore
they can't deny permission either. She already suggested getting authors'
permission. I say just do it, and document your attempts to gain permission,
and see if a c&d appears, which I'd be surprised if it did.

cheers,
Bob