[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] C-Cubed

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Thu Jul 21 21:26:16 EDT 2005

---Reply to mail from Boisy G. Pitre about [Color Computer] Re:  [Coco] C-Cubed

> The network solution, if employed, would be significantly less
> complicated than you presuppose.   Let's say, hypothetically, that I
> reserve the domain name cococcompiler.com and reserve ports 10040 for
> the compiler and 10041 for the optimizer.  Then within the
> distributed comp and opt binaries, the actual compiler and optimizer
> code would be stubbed out, and in its place would be code which would:
>
> 1. connect to the respective port of cococcompiler.com
> 2. write the input file
> 3. read the output file
>
> There would be no license server.  If you want, you could connect via
> telnet and feed the code by hand.  It is simply a matter of relying
> on the reliability of the compile server and of the person's own
> internet connection.  That's it.

    Reminded me of the old saying...

REAL programmers use:

cat >a.out

8^)

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."
    -- David H. Wolfskill, in alt.sysadmin.recovery