[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 22, Issue 106

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jul 21 00:38:19 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 20:09 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
> Considering this story it would seem that he would not welcome contact
> from the Coco world, much less a request to release his books for
> electronic archival without recompense.  I think I will stop my pursuit of
> his contact info and just enjoy the books I have.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

Well, who knows. The concensus on the list seemed to be that Lonnie
wasn't worth talking to, but you went and did it

Anyways this just proves one of my rules on retro projects: fund it with
your own money or real investors. Don't take cash in advance from
individuals. When things go wrong, it just results in a lot of anger and
hurt feelings.

And sorry to say, but the other side of the coin is don't give anyone
money in advance of the product actually being in existance. Whoever
gave him cash should have been ready for it to go poof.

-- John.