[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] PDF/DjVu

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Jul 19 15:49:45 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 14:00 -0700, Charles Richmond wrote:
> Has anyone considered asking Lawrence T. Falk if he would be
> interested in *selling* his rights to *all* the Rainbow magazines as
> a package deal??? Perhaps this group could raise the money to *buy*
> the copyrights, and then there would be *no* further fees or messy
> payments to make to Mr. Falk.

He might be able to assign his contractual rights to someone else.
However, whoever that is would be bound by the terms of the original
contract.

Lonnie claims that under contract he has to charge something reasonable
per issue, which his lawyer decided was $.25. Lonnie says that this
charge is to meet contractual obligations, not to make profit.

So even if the rights were purchased we might well be in the same
situation we are in now (other than being out some cash for the purchase
and lawyer's fees).

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links