[Coco] Rainbow project question.

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Mon Jul 18 22:48:46 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:37:13 -0700
  "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 19:20 -0700, Jim Cox wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this has already been asked or addressed
>> previously, but I just have not had the time to go
>>through
>> all the email on this project, but from what I have
>>seen,
>> it reads like the Rainbow archives will be placed on DVD
>> instead of CD.
>
> Yes, DVD is my understanding too.
>
> However, if such a hypothetical person has a buddy with
>a DVD drive and
> cd burner it gives you an excuse to go and hang out,
>drink their beer
> and burn a whole lot of CDs. That's a lot of CDs...
>probably this
> hypothetical person should buy the beer.
>
> Or you could take one of those portable USB hard drives
>or an IPod and
> copy all the files to it, and then come home and
>transfer them to your
> harddrive. Mount the pretty DVD in a frame or bury it in
>a time capsule
> in the yard, and you're done.
>
> Or could go to pricewatch.com since they have internal
>DVD-ROM readers
> for $18-$28 with shipping included.
>
> -- John.

John:

Thank you for your answer and suggestions.  While I have a
DVD reader, others on this list do not for economical
reasons, and I was asking out of concern for them.

Having not spent much time reading all the emails on this
topic, I'm not sure what you mean by a lot of "CD's" but
given the storage capacity of a DVD, I am guessing it's
greater than 10.

-Jim