[Coco] [Color Computer] Requesting .pdf help...

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Mon Jul 18 19:09:56 EDT 2005

I just took a couple of minutes to compile it (via ssh) on my web server and
run a couple of quick tests.  I am seeing the same sorts of issues that
concern me with the other .pdf encoders ...  It's the compression schemes
being used that are the problem.  The .djvu compression seems to be the only
one that keeps an incredibly high quality at low file sizes.  I will play
with it (it being sam2p) some more to "make sure" that I have exhausted all
the possibilities.

On a slightly related note I have obtained permission from Lizard Tech to
include their browser plugins with the DVD, and there are a whole slew of
GPL'd and open source tools that I am checking redistribution details on.  I
want to be able to put the DVD out with a full compliment of utilities to
view the material without having to be dependant on a third party website
that may or may not be around in 20 years.

Regards,
Michael Harwood