[Coco] Re: [coco3] upscan video converter

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Jul 16 13:40:28 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 09:59 -0400, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/16/05 7:05:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Torsten at Dittel.info writes:
>
> <<
>  I admit a RS-232 serial connector makes it more versatil for other
>  systems. >>
>
> Yes!    An RS-232 interface would make it usable with other systems with
> the addition of a compatible cable.    For right now tho this
> version is coco specific and will be optimized for the coco3.
> For once our machine takes priority.

But even with using the coco, serial is a lot more versatile. For
example, I could hook up my Model 100 or any laptop to diagnose a coco
video link problem, or reconfigure. Or I could hook it to an old Palm
Pilot and show display parameters on the palm screen.

And the coco has a serial port, albeit bitbanger.

-- John.