[Coco] Re: yahoo gateway

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Jul 13 13:28:32 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 09:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:23, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> >First, never put the Maltemedia list in the reply when you also have
> > the the ColorComputer(at)yahoo in the reply.  All that does is post
> > duplicate copies to the Maltemedia list.
>
> So I stripped the malted media address, and got an instant bounce from
> yahoo, claiming the src address of the reply I just made was
> incorrect.
>
> Baloney.

Yes, this is my point... the people on the Yahoo list can't hear you
unless you're subscribed to the Yahoo list. They can hear me, if I reply
to the Yahoo list since Yahoo automatically gets copied here.

But if you subscribe to Yahoo, unless you are careful and edit the
addresses every time, you'll be sending duplicates like everybody else
who is subscribed to both.

Since to effectively communicate both ways requires dual subscriptions
anyway, we might as well remove the gateway and all subscribe to both.

So, yes, Baloney.

-- John.