[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] why you should stick with pdf

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jul 11 13:28:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:00:39AM -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
> I assume you mean that you personally would not want Rainbow on Disc if it
> were in the DjVU format - can I ask why?  Knowing your reasoning would be
> very valuable!

Using an open standard and avoiding proprietary lock-in come to mind.
I'd like to still be able to view the disks when djvu has disappeared
from the Earth.  And, I'd prefer to have some flexibility in using
whatever viewer or tools I need/want to use with the data in the
future.  PDF has been around a long time, and many tools can produce
(and even consume) it.  That is far more important than saving a
little space on a CD/DVD.

John
--
John W. Linville