[Coco] RE: why you should stick with pdf

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Mon Jul 11 13:17:30 EDT 2005

I just tried the PDF compression tool you referenced and it did not make a
single byte of difference - the .pdf files I am generating must already be
as highly optimized as it gets!  DjVU still wins the size vs. quality battle
hands down.

Having said that - I will most likely end up publishing in both formats, but
I am favoring DjVU in general at this point.  Please don't take this the
wrong way, but I am not as worried about backwards compatibility as I am
about supporting Windows, Unix, and OSX.  No offense to anyone, but I am not
going to lose sleep if you can't read these files on an Atari ST.

As a fun side note - I did find an older version of the DjVU client that
supports MacOS 9 at http://www.celartem.com/en/download/djvu.asp!!

Aren't standards called "standards" because lots of people use the
procedures and products?  Someone has to be at the start of it all!
Besides...perhaps we can push for a scratch-n-sniff client interface...

;)

Regards,
Michael Harwood