[Coco] Question - Rainbow Archi(DjVue vs. PDF)

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Sun Jul 10 23:47:15 EDT 2005

The following is only my opinion and this is the way I see it..

Keep in mind that nothing is permanent...

Try finding a new 8 inch floppy drive, a disk for it, a controller for it,
or even something the contents of that disk will run on.
You will find some sources.. but how about the ORIGINAL (100K)

 Try finding a 2.0, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.25, and 4.0 inch disk drives or disks
for those drives!

 Try finding the drive or a hard sectored disk for those 5 1/4 inch drives
such as used by the Heath H8!

 Emerging technologies supercede the previous technologies. They do overlap,
so we have an opportunity to perpetuate these archives even if we do it on
an individual basis.
 If PDF or DjVue becomes obsolete, there will be a new one to replace it,
and a utility to convert it. Don't worry about the future of this project.
The data this group is collecting will outlive the coco and all of us.

 We still have the works of Shakespear, Homer and even the works of (now
politically incorrect) Mark Twain.
>> Mark Mark is rapidly dissappearing from our bookshelves and libraries by
>> the way. <book burning?>

 If I can get the entire Color Computer Magazine and it's attachments on one
DVD, I would buy it right now, even though I have no way of using it, unless
I can play it on my WalMart, thirty eight dollar DVD player.

 I support this effort, I congratulate Michael Harwood for making this all
possible and I know this group will get the task accomplished.

 Personally, I don't like PDF files.... bloat and more bloat.

 Don't know about DjVue. I suppose I'll have to look that one up.

 Suffice it to say, no matter how this project is accomplished, it's going
to be great because we have folks with the love of the coco working on it,
and you are doing it in the best way you know how.

 What more could one ask for? ..... Oh, I still need an accoustical modem.

George