[Coco] double sided disks

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 07:35:28 EDT 2005

fwp at deepthought.com writes:

<< Did you DSKINI 1 first?

Yes. I get the same error with both the 502 and modded 501 drive.

      Did you try using drive 2?    I thought that double sided drive
use in hdb-dos meant drive 2 was the back side  of drive 0 and
drive 3 was the backside of drive 1.

<<
 That explains it. There's no second index hole in the disks. There should be
 no problem with using "back side" of the floppy. Afterall it's exactly what
 a double sided drive would do. >>

     Not true.    The direction of rotation is reversed.     There is a felt
liner in floppies which keep the disk clean.     When you flip the disk
the rotational direction is reversed and all that dirt comes out and
deposits on the read/write head.    Very bad idea.

Roy