[Color Computer] [coco] coco1 on ebay

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 00:53:58 EDT 2005

The December 1984 issue of Rainbow had the first article I saw for
128K memory but it didn't have a disable switch and it mentions other
upgrades.  This board added banks of RAM in the lower 32K.

I'm guessing that a few programs were found to accidently switch RAM
banks (causing a crash) so another article adding 256K added the switch.

I actually built this 128K board for my CoCo for about $15 but I
didn't have the money for the RAM to go with it so I didn't install it
and I eventually got an Amiga before finishing the upgrade.  I still
have the board though.

> There was an article about making a Coco1 into a 128k/256k memory
> model. A
> switch set this back to 64k for software which would not work with it.
>
> Details were in one of the magazines, but I forget which one.

Yahoo! Groups Links