[Coco] Coco as unix terminal

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 22:19:41 EST 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 08:24 pm, David wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Another one of my 'bright ideas'..
>
> is it possible to use the Coco to connect to a unix box (ie FreeBSD,
> linux, etc) and use it as a remote terminal?
>
> would this have to be done via serial connection, or is another
> connect method available?
>
> (anyone considered a way to send serial-style data over wireless? I'd
> love to 'amaze my friends' with this 8-bit coco that can magically
> access the internet using lynx etc from my linux box :P )

It's expensive.  Ethernet terminal server.  Hook the Coco with a serial
cable, terminal server connects to other machines with ethernet, can be
twisted pair or plugged into a wireless router.

I just use regular serial connections.  I'm a cheap BOfH.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.		-- H. L. Mencken