[Coco] OT tape drives on Ebay?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 17:21:32 EST 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 03:27 pm, Kevin Diggs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Anybody had any luck buying SCSI tape drives on Ebay? I am batting
> 500. I'm 0 for 3 on DDS drives. Though item (5155173524) works if you
> disable the damaged auto head cleaner.
>
> 	What does DOA mean for a tape drive?

Probably the same thing it means with anything else.  Dead On Arrival.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and used it to wash the car.
Then stripped the unit for parts.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.		-- H. L. Mencken