[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] The stripper

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 18:20:25 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 15:07, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> And everyone *please* look at your replies. Some folks are just whacking
> that reply-all function! One copy will do!

I think the problem is that Reply button normally sends to everyone in
Reply-to unless you manually edit out the second address. And currently,
the Malted Media list is putting both Yahoo and Malted Media in the
Reply-To line.

I think if we kept the forwarding the way it is now with both lists
forwarding to each other, but only put the list you are receiving the
message at in the Reply-To, the duplicate issues would magically
disappear.

This needs to be done at the listserver though. You can't count on folks
manually editing the To: line every time they respond to a message.

If Yahoo stops forwarding over here, we're going to miss the beginning
of every conversation that starts over there.

-- John.