[Coco] Cloud-9 Product Comments Wanted

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Wed Jan 26 21:29:44 EST 2005

At 05:17 PM 1/26/2005, you wrote:

Al,

I get LS-120 in MPls surplus or Ebay...CHEAP!!! They are not nerw but I can
still get new media for them. Drives work fine but PCDOS needs some work
for the HD floppy.

Super Expansion ports is on the SuperIDE, .050 dual row CommConn
connectors, full coco bus present. :)
Boards that are designed for expansion in the Super line of products will
work all together. Will anything ever come out? Doesn't have to come from
us either, documented so that anyone can build a device. A nice feature
would be a sound chip. I was working with this with Chet S. but where is
Chet??? Chet where is the chip??? I am not a sound guy so I prioritize my
projects based upon knowledge I have.

The CF slot on the SuperIDE does require power but it gets it through the
CoCo and not the IDE cable. You can hack your controller and add +5v to
your cable so that you don't have to have an external power source. I won't
because it violates the ATA spec. Others have, they have already asked. I
have PC people buying the CF adapters and putting systems in their minivans
to watch DVDs and have windows running off a CF....

Don't follow the last message of simple pack costs? Of a SuperIDE reduced
form with all that you want?? Serial, two CF slots, smaller size, etc?????

The problem with smaller is density. These chips are .020 centers pad-pad,
100 pins on a chip the size of a stamp and just about as thin. Hard to get
that many traces out, thus you jump layers....

Mark