[Coco] Re: RGB to S-Video usuable on COCO 3?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 20:38:10 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:49 pm, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> John E. Malmberg wrote:
> > Does S-Video have enough resolution to use a TV as a monitor for a
> > COCO 3?
>
> The reason that I ask is that I have been informed that there are RGB
> to S-Video adapters at reasonable cost, and that many of the LCD
> monitors will accept S-Video input, even if they do not admit to
> accepting the RGB at a sync rate as slow as the COCO 3.

Vendors?  Product names?

My current annoyance in life (well, one of them, it's not like there's a
shortage) is that I have several dead or otherwise obsolete notebook
machines with LCD VGA-or-better displays and _no way_ to adapt them to
to my old machines, be they 6809, Z-80 or 68k.  For that matter, one or
two CGA mono LCDs -- I'd love to adapt one of those to my Mod 1 or Mod
12.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.		-- H. L. Mencken