[Coco] Re: RGB to S-Video usuable on COCO 3?

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Wed Jan 26 01:25:55 EST 2005

At 10:49 PM 25/01/2005 -0500, CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
>John E. Malmberg wrote:
>> Does S-Video have enough resolution to use a TV as a monitor for a COCO 3?
>
>The reason that I ask is that I have been informed that there are RGB to
>S-Video adapters at reasonable cost, and that many of the LCD monitors
>will accept S-Video input, even if they do not admit to accepting the
>RGB at a sync rate as slow as the COCO 3.

The image quality may vary depending on the LCD monitor.  I just tried this
with my LCD monitor and the image is nice, but not quite as good as RGB.  My
LCD monitor's filtering softens up the image, so it's not quite as sharp as
it should be.  80 columns is perfectly readable.

The same signal fed to my TV, which has a 3d comb filter looks just about
perfect - every individual pixel is solid and sharp.

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/