[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Case & Keyboard Restoration

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jan 26 11:11:40 EST 2005

To:             	coco at maltedmedia.com
From:           	"John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw at qsl.net>
Date sent:      	Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:54:17 -0500
Subject:        	[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Case & Keyboard Restoration
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
	<mailto:coco-
	<mailto:coco-

> jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> > Krylon now makes a paint that is formulated to stick to plastics
> > better. Generally paint does not like to stick to plastic unless one
> > cures the paint at an elevated temperature. The problem is the
> > better the cure, the higher the temperature. Sadly enough, most
> > common paints cure at temperatures that start to deform the plastic
> > or alter its mechanical strength.
>
> Some collectors like to have their machines the original color.

*****
John I can agree here on this. Some collectors feel that any piant will deminish the
value of the item. They would rather accept the discoloration of the pigment.

> Does Krylon have any color numbers that are close to the various
> colors that a COCO originally was?

I am not sure of what colors Krylon has in their new formulated paints for plastics.

> I have also wondered if a product known as Shrinky-Dinks could be used
> to make Memory size buttons that look like the Tandy style.

Totalluy unfamiliar with this. Can't help at all here.

james