[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Case & Keyboard Restoration

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Jan 25 22:54:17 EST 2005

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Krylon now makes a paint that is formulated to stick to plastics
> better. Generally paint does not like to stick to plastic unless one
> cures the paint at an elevated temperature. The problem is the
> better the cure, the higher the temperature. Sadly enough, most
> common paints cure at temperatures that start to deform the plastic
> or alter its mechanical strength.

Some collectors like to have their machines the original color.

Does Krylon have any color numbers that are close to the various colors
that a COCO originally was?

I have also wondered if a product known as Shrinky-Dinks could be used
to make Memory size buttons that look like the Tandy style.

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only