[Coco] Re: Cloud-9 Product Comments Wanted

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Jan 25 22:44:22 EST 2005

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am soliciting comments on Cloud-9 products such as the SuperIDE,
> Pro-Tector+,  SuperDriver, DriveWire and other products for
> praise/criticism.  Also any ideas for improvement are welcome.  We would
> like to make some of these comments available on our "Feedback" page at
> www.cloud9tech.com.

The limitation of IDE is two devices.  I have three potential devices,
but would only need to use two at a time.

It would have been nice to be able to either use an external switch or
software control to be able to swap using the Compact Flash socket and
one of the devices on the cable, probably the slave device.

While I can unplug the compact flash device, it is not that easy for my
enclosure that has both an hard drive and a CD-ROM in it.

But adding that feature would not get me to purchase another SuperIDE.

Still waiting for the Superboard.  How is that coming?

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net