[Coco] [Color Computer] Floppy drives on ebay 2

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:59:38 EST 2005

I have to agree on evrything but #3. Most of the "Service call centers" are
outsoursed to companies like Convergys. I worked for them. Most of the US
calls get routed to centers here in Canada, and now they are moving most of
them to India. When you call up a"bad" one like Bell or Sears, it is likely
"bad" because the pay is so low and the hours are just plain terible, that
the workers are treated worse than slaves and the Company doesn't give any
thought to Customer service.
I had the fortune of working for an ex-radio shack owner (he owned 2 stores
all through the 80's)(see www.8bit-micro.com) and he said that a lot of the
stuff for the CoCo (and other TRS 80 machines) was not avalible here in
Canada or limited, because Inter-Tan (the Canadian Distributer for Tandy)
was a separate Company from Tandy and due to a whole bunch of legal stuff, a
lot of stuff just never made it to Canada, or arrived years later than in
the US, and wasn't Marketable at the time.

>-Glen
>
>Glen, that's true with less than 5% of sellers, regardless if their
>in Canada or the U.S.
>It's their loss and I flag them as not worth buying from in future...
>
>I purchase most of my electronic supplies and components from the
>States for the following 3 reasons:
>
>1- best assortment and availability
>2- Price (bottom line)
>3- Best service to date and courteous (talk to Sear's Service in
>Montreal or Bell Canada some time :-P)
>
>Cheers Dave
>

>--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Glen VanDenBiggelaar"
><glenvdb at h...> wrote:
> > I was just in contact with the seller that put the latest bunch of
>stuff on
> > Ebay.com (controllers etc) and they refuse to ship to Canada. I
>nicely
> > informed her that most of the high bidders were from Canada, and
>they would
> > get better prices etc, But so far she doesn't seem to care. -Go
>figure. I
> > guess to people like that, ONLY Americans and American Money
>Matters. I
> > normal wouldn't care, but she was so blatanly rude about it, I
>just had to
> > mention it.
> > -Glen
> >

> > >Yep...www,ebay.ca....
> > >

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links