[Coco] [Color Computer] OS/2 related

Merv Curley mervc at eol.ca
Tue Jan 25 12:23:21 EST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 17:26, Davey Brain wrote:

> Using eComStation 1.1 (IBM OS/2 Warp 4.50 kernel 14.100K) with Mozilla
> Suite 1.4.1 for OS/2 I've had no blank messages at all. I do have HTML
> email display turned on. But even with it turned off all headers for the
> messages appear normal.
>
> WarpDavey
> --

I used OS/2 from Ver 2.0 to 4.0 and loved it since I could apply some of my
OS-9 learnings which I couldn't do with Win 2.x or 3.0 at that time.  But
when I became convinced that it was becoming a dead end and never really
became as polished  as it might have I tried Slackware 3.4 and struggled
mightily for some time.  Actually still struggling.

Our Users group was over 200 at one time,  my last meetings were down to about
25.  I have 1 computer with OS/2 on it but it isn't happy with any of my
current monitors so it won't boot without going back to 640 x 480 and
reconfig'ing a bunch of stuff.  One day I will erase that mighty one GB drive
and move my firewall from a 133 Mhz P2 to a  350 Mhz K6. Sad day tho.

Cheerio

Merv

--
Merv Curley