[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Blank Messages

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jan 24 13:01:24 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:46:52PM -0500, Mike Pepe wrote:

> My mail server is Linux-based also. Poking in the mbox file, I see his
> messages just fine.

Don't get me wrong -- I can see many/most of his messages.  I think
someone else suggested that it looked like he was using multiple
clients and that only messages from one of them were problematic.

> Do you have a date and time of a blank message? Let's compare notes.

No, sorry.  I only had a passing interest in this until today.  I just
figured it was the by-product of someone changing their mind and not
properly exiting the mail client (or something like that)...

I think the most plausible scenario is that he is using a mail
client that is generating some kind of content (or an attachment,
like TNEF) that the filters at the list machine are removing, perhaps
overzealously.  Of course, YMMV...

John
--
John W. Linville