[Coco] Re: Commodore Monitors

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 13:30:27 EST 2005

Hello LEONARD

On 01/22/2005, LEONARD MILLER wrote:

> I currently have a Multisync 3D hooked up to my coco3.  Sometimes it
> will not sync up, and I have to plug it into a pc, and then plug it
> back into the coco to get it to display.  The display is pretty nice,
> but I have been considering going to a commodore monitor because it has
> audio inputs.  Are all the 1084 monitors compatible?  I noticed that
> there are a lot of 1084 models (1084, 1084s, 1084d 1084sd).  Is the
> picture as good as what I get with the Multisync.  I think the dot
> pitch is .42 with the commodore, and it's .28 with the multisync.  I
> guess Mark from Cloud 9 could make the patch cables?

Some are and some require a special cable. The 1084s comes equiped with the
proper DIN cable for the RGB side of the monitor. The other 1084s require
custom made cables because they take the DB9 cable and there is a syncing
problem that has to be fixed. I have had Amigas for years and had both
kinds of monitors. Also the 1084S is nothing more than a rebadged Magnavox
Professional. I'm using one of those now because my poor ole 1084S packed
it in.

Regards
--
Criusing on AutoPilot                       |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo